Friday 22 May 2015

OUGD602 End of Year Evaluation

What skills have you developed throughout this module and how effectively have you applied them?

This module has taught me a great about about working in the industry. I have thoroughly enjoyed working on two placements and gaining first-hand experience of the working industry. Although these studios were not particularly ideal for my interests in design, they have been insightful experiences each time. I now take a great deal of care in my work, with attention to detail and focus on perfecting outcomes to their best potential.

During my most recent placement at Headred in Coventry, I was able to get firs-hand advice on starting up my own website. As I had very little knowledge in design for web, it was really interesting watching how they worked and hearing their advice on the best options. I feel extremely happy with my website and business cards. I had been debating whether to call myself Lizzy or Elizabeth moving forawrds, however it all came together once I had chosen to stick with the characteristics everyone knew me for. Something as simple as getting your name and personal brand right can really help to clarify how you want to be seen by others.

During this module, I have been fortunate to get feedback from external professionals about my portfolio. The visit to Music, Manchester was particularly beneficial as I received a lot of useful ideas and suggestions to enhance my portfolio and make sure it stand out from others.


What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have taken the time to go to various talks from different speakers. A particular favourite was Lewis Heriz. His work is one of my core inspirations, and hearing him talk about his methodology was extremely inspiring. I particularly liked the way he described his approach to his record sleeve designs as it was similar to my own. I have recently become more confident with approaching professionals and introducing myself. I have also received a great amount of positive feedback for my logo and identity.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My identity

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment